6/7/09

Something BIG

I feel very important right now. I voted today. I am old enough to be a part of the Swedish population that decides how Sweden should represent itself in the European Parliament. I feel privileged to be one of the lucky people in the world that lives in a country with democracy and therefore being able to vote and have a little control over the people that decide everything. So of course, I went with my mom and dad to our voting place nearby and did my duty as a citizen. It went very fast, I just put the sheet for Moderata Samlingspartiet in my envelope behind a shield, then went to a guy behind a desk that checked my ID and put my envelope with my vote together with everyones else's in a box. Done! 

I voted for the party "Moderaterna". I like almost all their values and ideas for Sweden and Europe. It's the most republican party out of the two Main parties in Sweden. But everything is so much more on the Democratic side in Sweden, so Moderaterna would probably be somewhere in the middle seen from an American perspective. I like their ideas about creating new jobs by making it easier to open companies, their environment politics and how theywould handle the balance of what should be included in the EU. They also want Sweden to convert from the Swedish SEK to Euro. I don't like their new copyright laws though, it makes it impossible to download stuff and watch videos etc from other countries n the internet. But that's about it on the negative side. 
Swedes, if you haven't yet, use your privilege and get out and vote!




1 comment: